1. Keep fit and healthy. You will have more energy to work hard and your mind will be clearer. As a therapist you must walk the walk as well as talk the talk.2. Model others. Learn from people you admire. Find out how they run their business and what steps they took to get where they are today.
3. Overcome negative beliefs. We can pick up distorted beliefs about money and success throughout our lives, such as:
a. To be successful you must sacrifice your relationships
b. You have to be lucky to become wealthy
c. You have to treat others badly to make it to the top
d. You will become arrogant if you are successful
Challenge these beliefs. Read Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad Poor Dad” series for more information on distorted beliefs.
5. Who you associate with. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. So, surround yourself with people who support your dream.
6. Be congruent. Make sure everything you do in your business fits with your own values. You will enjoy your work more and ultimately attract more clients.
7. Continuously learn. Take CPD course directly related to your field. Learn about business and marketing for therapists from us. Read plenty and listen to podcasts from experts in your field.
8. Have a clear vision. To stay motivated, have a clearly defined goal for your business. Establish a time frame in which you will achieve your goal. We are visual creatures so create a vision board and place it somewhere you will regularly see it.
9. Don't be afraid to say, "No." If a client makes you feel uncomfortable or asks for an unreasonable discount, it is ok to refuse them, Set your boundaries.
10. Ask for feedback. This is tough and it is normal to be worried about the responses. However, without feedback you cannot improve your service.